yeah...that's what i said. There are NO people in this post, which is strange b/c we've never had so many people at our house...funny how that works, right?!? Anyway this past weekend my bff Lindsey and I put on the twins' FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY! :)
I have so many people to thank for help getting the house ready. Firstly my dad and brother-in-law Jeff, thanks for putting in this LOVELY patio. Notice the nice little bit of shine...my Jeffy helped with that :)


If you love that patio and live in the Greater Grand Rapids MI area, shoot me an email and I can get you in touch with the guys of Ada Custom Concrete, they really do fab. work!

And now for the party, Lindsey helped me with pretty much every single detail! I can't thank her enough, I'd say we make a pretty good team :) I'm posting a bunch of pics here on my blog of all the details that we spend hours creating/planning, but you can catch some awesome DIY instructions over at her blog soon!

Welcome to our party :)


The inside ::sweets table::
Everything except the two bowls of candy was made by Linds and I.

Happy Birthday Banner :) - it was hanging above the sweets table...not that you can see that from my pics! but i promise it was there!


ohhh and those wonderful cup cakes were made by my sister rachel, who is an amazing cake decorator. now you want to see them again..right?!? ...ok




Look at these adorable pie pops! I have to admit that the DIY instructions I followed looked so easy..and yet, sadly, many of my pops failed. But no fear, still enough left to have on the sweets table.


My mom made this wonderful rock candy...it was a hit with the kids AND adults :) Thanks mom!





oh nos - don't forget to fill up a bag so I'm not left with all these sweets!

Cute garland that hung on the sweets table, I now love my sewing machine...no silly not to sew fabric, but to sew paper! yes! it's my new favorite thing!


::OUTSIDE::
The biggest bummer of the day is that we didn't get to put out all the decor before people started showing up. Guess we should have planned more time! Also, I didn't get a chance to take pics of the food table that was cute, with cute mason jars of lemon aid. Oh well...I am sure there will be many more parties :) Anyway, here are some of our outdoor pretties :)
Tree mobiles...cute idea. but MUCH more difficult to hang than we ever imagined! ha!



Tissue poms!



Jars..we lined the fence with these cute baby food jars, filled with grass clippings, flowers and paper pin wheels.

Flag banners hung around and about :)

Clothes lines with photos, yeah we made cute clothes pins too!

ohhhh...and the gifts! Thanks everyone SOO much for all the wonderful gifts that the twins received!

and Ava's favorite!